Disclaimer: I do not hate Beyonce. However, I go through phases where I find her absolutely intriguing and I can’t get enough. Then there are phases where I’m in utter disgust by the sound of her. It’s neutral at the moment.
Beyonce this. Beyonce that. Love Beyonce. Hate Beyonce. Fake Bitch. Beautiful Soul. There’s something about her that draws us to her. There’s something about her that makes us hate her with an extreme passion.
December 13, Beyonce decided to give us a musical masterpiece. Simply titled “Beyonce” which I haven’t listened to entirely yet. I have my reasons. One of the reasons, there’s nothing that will act as my dance anthem of the winter. Usually she has a song such as “Diva”, “Run The World”, “Crazy In Love”, you get the idea. Her record label decided not to allow her any spending money for promoting this album, so I’ll give her props that it’s getting some recognition for this album. Special guest appearances from Frank Ocean, Drake and Blue Ivy.
She can do no wrong. She’ll snatch your wig and have you saying “Thank You” but what if people really hated Beyonce.
Reasons To Hate Beyonce Giselle Knowles Carter:
- Even when she happens to be dressed down, she’s still rocking a light full face and some weave. Would she still be considered flawless without the makeup?
- Although her version of the Miley haircut was absolutely ridiculous. GIRL, don’t ever take the lace off!
- Destiny’s Child disbanded because of her. We should have known from jump that it was Beyonce and The Homies. Beyonce had a group and a solo career at the same time. Coincidence much?
- Sellout? I could understand this one. With earlier albums actually having great(subjective) content that one could associate with, she’s kind of gone down in terms of quality. “You a bad girl and your friends bad too. You got the swag sauce you drippin swagu” Thanks J.Cole
- Similar to Diana Ross, Beyonce had the look. She had the sound. She had the appeal. While there are other artist with stronger voices, quality material, how do they fit into the equation of making record companies money compared to Bey. However, I think she’s a great entertainter.
- I’m not gonna rag on her love. When it gets down to it, it’s probably tough. She’s high-profile. She needs someone on her level. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Secretly we hate her. Secretly we love her. Secretly we wish we could be her. I’m sure there are many other reasons that people “hate” on her. These are the ones that I’ve heard time and time again. Like I said though, she’s an amazing entertainer. She keeps you intrigued. She got another 10 years before she’s irrelevant. Or…..
There is one song I can’t get enough of “Drunk In Love” featuring Jay-Z. Obsessed!