Glitter, does anybody know why it is exist? A lot of people wish that movie and actually glitter would just disappear. I know I’m a little late on the trend by like a few years but it’s kind of okay because I never tried it to begin with. Glitter, you either love it or you send it to your mortal enemies as like a gag gift. I choose productivity and cuteness.
I like to have a little fun with my makeup when I wear it. I thought by doing a glitter beard I could over emphasize the brightness in the apple of my cheek. Eh, doesn’t work that way. I also was under the impression that it wouldn’t take long. I was wrong. The earlier post was the day that I attempted glitter brows and then decided I wanted to try a glitter beard because why the hell not?!
How To Achieve Glitter Facial Hair:
1. First you should buy the color glitter you want. You can never have too much.
2. You’re gonna need eyelash adhesive. I like the Ardell. It’s clear and smells a little like acetone. Kind of stings if you apply after you freshly shaved. BE A MAN AND TAKE IT!
3. THE BEARD: To achieve the depth of the silver in the glitter and I’m sure this would apply to any color, use a water soluble eye shadow or cream makeup your first layer before applying adhesive. Then sprinkle glitter in bowl while singing the soundtrack to Mariah Carey’s “Glitter” #PoorMariah
4. In small sections, dip your paintbrush, I use a 1 inch brush in the bowl, and bring the brush to your face. Press and dip. Press and dip. Moving along section by section moving along the outline of how your beard should look. I did one layer but I didn’t account for actually having to go out into the world and live my day. Probably good to use as much glitter as possible.
5. BROWS: I take one of those tacky little eyeshadow applicator, and squeeze a little adhesive on my brow and swipe! It’s covered in adhesive. WARNING: CLOSE THE EYE THAT YOU ARE APPLYING GLITTER ABOVE. THE OPPOSITE EYE SHOULD BE OPEN. WHEN SATISFIED. REPEAT ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE. I feel as though I shouldn’t have to place a warning but people like to play dumb. I then take the applicator and into the bowl of glitter and press and dab. Press and dab. Press and dab. You should only need one layer for the eyebrows. An eye full of glitter sounds like a scratched cornea.
6. Spray it down with some Aquanet. Make sure it’s not windy or rainy and go about your day. “Give them hoes what they came to see.” – Eleanor Roosevelt