Ever realize how much music correlates to our mood? Music breaks down the barriers of language and everyone can enjoy. Music makes us feel good. It tells a story, it sets our mood, it inspires us and so much more. As you know, not a day goes by when I am not listening to music. I'M LITERALLY OBSESSED WITH MUSIC. I also have a bad habit of listening to music on a first glance and disliking the song but then hearing again to find that I only like the song or artist.
Coincidentally, I was at the barbershop(a place that i truly loathe) however this visit wasn’t as bad, the person cutting my hair actually happened to be a “DJ” and on his tape actually put a song that I am now obsessed with. So here’s a list of songs that I am now obsessed with.
- Childish Gambino “3005” The song from the barbershop playlist
- Jazmin Sisters “You” sampling SWV’s classic “Weak” Very good too! My mother liked this too which says a lot
- Leo Simone “Black Horse”
- Jazmin Sisters “PYT” sampling QTip’s “Vivrant Thang”
- Le Youth & Dominique Young Unique “Dance With Me(TWRK Remix)”
- Dominique Young Unique “Get Out Of My Shoes”
- Pharrell Williams “Happy” This song is so feel good, you can’t help but want to dance
- Tigerlight “Respect The Booty” Really cute dance party song
- SAINT & G-BUCK “GIJIBAE”
- Beyoncé “Partition”
- Nicki Minaj feat PTA “Boss Ass Bitch”
This is what I’m obsessed which is a reflection of my mood at the moment. I want to dance!!!! If you live in Boston, you should check out Controversy