Who doesn’t love a good pair of shoes? I’m going to speak for everyone when I say that “Everybody loves shoes!!” To me shoes are an extension of the soul in a sense. You probably don’t realize how intimate shoes really are but think about it for a second.
Ready? Here are some reasons:
- Shoes will do whatever we want them to do. We can dance, run, kick, strut down the street with confidence in our shoes. When we get tired of them….to the back of the closet they go.
- A good pair of shoes that is properly fitting will last you a LIFETIME! The most loyal friend on earth we never have to worry about them not fitting us if we have a carb filled night.
- Shoes define our personalities. Put on a pair of shoes and your stripped of all your other masks and left with your SHOES!
- You can have as many or little as you want. You can’t really do that with relationships unless your kind of well….um(you thought it, I didn’t say it)
- Love at first sight! Forever and always true love….Take good care of them and you’ll be obsessed for years to come. Put them in the closet for a few months or longer and pull them out of the box and say “Hell Yeah F*cking Right!”
- The worst that is gonna happen is you might get a blister, run them down to the ground, or you fall in them and people laugh. A lot better than anyone else doing these things to you cause if someone gives you a blister “There’s an app for that!”
I was always obsessing over shoes I think but I didn’t realize it until I worked in the women’s shoe department of a clothing store. The countless pairs of shoes that women had to choose from. It’s unfair. Lucky for me that I am able to wear a women’s sneaker…..LUCKY FOR ME!!!! I loved helping women find shoes that fit their personality and I would give them an honest opinion just as I do when it comes to hair color.
Personally, I like sneakers or funky dress shoes. They define my personality, I could wear the simplest of things but the right shoe can totally change the appearance to make me complete! However, I do not use shoes as a method of protecting me from people. I think of my shoes as a connection to people.
What are some your favorite shoe styles? Do you have a particular brand that you absolutely love? I’d love to hear and maybe find a new brand for myself!
Brands A Make Me Dance:
CA by Cinzia Araia–Cinzia Araia created this sportswear line that would act as the sister to her namesake. Unisex shoes that have an edgy, modern yet wearable for the fashion forward person. Particularly The Rabbit which is my favorite of her shoes. I wrote a few posts about them here.
Jeffrey Campbell-Amazing shoes that really take femininity to the next level but with a grungy edge. Both men and womens shoes have this Courtney Love/David Bowie feel. I can’t wait to buy the Jeffrey Campbell Wordz!!!
Ralph Lauren-Comfortable shoes. Synonymous with luxury. Classic, elegant and modern for that New England Prep School student in us all.
Philipp Plein-Edgy. Sexy. Rocker. Chic. Glamorous are words that I would use to describe this bad boy of the design world. Take a look for yourself, you’ll fall in love!
Shop ’til you drop: